You are ready for the comments. Ready for the jokes. Ready for the teasing. Most of all, however, you are ready for a beautiful smile1
After living nearly 40 years with crooked teeth, you made a decision to visit an invisalign dentist and see what options were available. When the appointments at the dentist office arrived, you almost backed out. Who were you, you wondered, to talk about braces? This is the kind of thing that is typically for teenagers. Why should you decide that now is the time for you to think about improving your smile? In the end, you made the decision to make sure that you would have no regrets. And now that it is the week before Thanksgiving you are anxious about the rest of your family, your older brothers, specifically, and the reactions that they will have. No one in your family has ever had braces, so this means that you might catch a lot of grief.
You are hopeful, however, that your decision to see an invisalign dentist encourage some of your other relatives to do what they can to make sure that they look their best as well.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the services that dental offices provide clients across the country:
- 3 million people in America have implants and that number is growing by as many as 500,000 a year.
- 10% of all U.S. dentists place implants but that is increasing.
- 99.7% of people surveyed by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) indicate that virtually all adults believe a healthy smile is socially important.
- More than 50% of the adult U.S. population over age 50 agree agree that a smile is the one physical feature that stays the most attractive as we age, according to the AACD.
- In addition, 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
- An increasing number of patients, including adults, consider cosmetic dental surgery as a way to improve the way that they look and the way that they feel.
From emergency dental services to cosmetic procedures, it is important to make sure that you take all the steps possible to help yourself have a smile that you will be proud of, whether you are a teenager with traditional braces or an adult considering an appointment with an invisalign dentist.
Ger more information on this topic here.