Staying healthy right now is especially important as the threat of the Coronavirus threaten the well being of not only china, but the world as well. Good practices like thorough hand washing and covering your cough, of course, are important first steps to making sure that you are safe from the threat of the latest health epidemic. No matter how real of exaggerated the threat of the Coronavirus is, making the decision to get the health care that you need will allow you to be your healthiest self in case you do experience this latest threat.
When you or a family member gets sick you typically have one of three health care options: get yourself scheduled for an appointment at your family pediatrician or physician, visiting a local walk in health clinic, or checking into a hospital emergency room. Of the three, the most affordable and convenient is likely a trip to the closest urgent care near me. In fact, closets urgent care near me is such a common request that many phone apps have this as an easy to access preceded message. Urgent care clinics offer a way to get the quickest health answers that you need without having to spend a lot of money. When you are in a health emergency, of course, it is essential that you got to the hospital emergency room, but when you are not facing a life threatening situation it is far better to simply visit a walk in clinic to get the help that you need.
Where Is the Closest Urgent Care Near Me?
Knowing where to go for affordable and convenient health care is an important piece of information at a time when there is a nation wide threat. Just as the state of Washington has announced the first death of a U.S. person from the Coronavirus, there are others who fear that this is the beginning of a threat that will run up and down the coast as more and more people are exposed but not aware. And while for the majority of the people will likely only experience symptoms that are no worse than a cold or the flu, there are, of course, people who are at a greater risk than others. It is for these reasons that when you have already had a lingering cough it is important that you get the care that you need so that you are not more vulnerable to the exposure to other illnesses and infections.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that walk in health clinics can help with some of the most common illnesses and injuries:
- An average of 5% to 20% of Americans come down with the flu every year.
- As one of the most common illnesses, urinary tract infections account for nearly 8.1 million visits to doctors each year.
- Americans get about one billion colds each year, but there are many times when even a common cold can require
- An estimated 3 million patients visit urgent care centers every week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care with their own x-ray options.
- There are currently 20,000 physicians who practice Urgent Care Medicine today and this is one of the reasons that 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week because they can be so well staffed.
- The most common diagnosis in an urgent care center was upper respiratory condition in the year 2012, while the most common procedure was wound repair that same year.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that the 2018 to 2019 flu shot reduced the risk of flu infections by 46% in adults and 62% in children.
- Up to 48 million Americans experience food poisoning each year, sometimes causing serious complications.
- During that sam 2018 to 2019 flu season, the CDC also reported that there were about 17.3 million to 20.1 million flu-related medical visits.
Whether you are looking for the nearest urgent careener me or you are in search of a place where you can schedule the shots your child will need for next school year, it is important that you find the urgent care near me to get your care.