It may be two weeks until Christmas, but you feel like you have already been given the best gift. Your husband surprised you by hiring a babysitter for the weekend and making reservations at a beautiful hotel downtown, complete with spa packages that include a couples massage. Although you still have several things that you want to get done around the house, when your husband announced the surprise he indicated that he knew two days and one night away would allow you to rest and rejuvenate and return with more than enough energy to finish the last of the holiday tasks on your list.
Between walking downtown and checking out the holiday lights and starting your morning with a couples massage, the weekend away was just what you needed. With two small ones at home, the holidays are often about the children, the cooking, and the decorating, but the weekend with your husband gave you a chance to escape and relax the busyness of the holiday planning and celebrating.
Are You Getting Ready to Start a New Health Plan for the New Year?
Steam rooms and spa amenities are the perfect way to recover after a long workout or to begin a relaxing weekend away from home. If you are getting ready to approach the new year with a focus on staying healthy, you might consider rewarding yourself for a string of on target exercise and healthy eating choices days with a spa appointment or another reward. Even when you are working toward important health habits, it is important to remember that you need to not only use moderation, but sometimes even motivation.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the spa treatment options that are available and the impact that these services can have an individual’s health and the nation’s economy:
- 43% of all adults suffer stress from adverse health effects.
- Heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, liver cirrhosis, and suicide are six leading causes of death that are all linked to stress.
- 91% of people view massage as beneficial to wellness and health, according to a 2014 survey.
- 21% of people who recently received a massage got their last massage at a spa, according to a 2014 survey.
- 179 million Americans visiting spas in the year 2016 as a result of an increasing focus on wellness.
- It is estimated that a 20-minute spa session at around 170 degrees Fahrenheit can burn over 500 calories, so it should come as no surprise that saunas are great for weight loss.
Booking a day spa appointment or an entire weekend spa package are not only great Christmas gifts. They are also a great way to give yourself some down time before the hectic days of the holiday begin. How about it? Are you ready to surprise your spouse with a couples massage sometime soon?