Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years. It is one of the forms of healing that was developed in China at least 3,000 years ago. Today, it has been approved to treat dozens of conditions by the World Health Organization (WHO). Studies have shown it can relieve chronic pain by about 50%. The basic theory involves the energy flow that courses through all living creatures. It hinges on the idea that a physician can access certain points in the body to remove any blockages in the body that prevent the proper energy flow and that by restoring that to its optimal state, medical problems can be treated.
As acupuncture treatments cost anywhere from $65 to $125 for every session, may patients want to find a way to make the acupuncture benefits last longer. Here are some tips to make that possible:
- Spend some time before your appointment writing down your concerns, symptoms and any major events that have happened in your life. The less time you have to spend thinking about what has been going on in your life, the more time the practitioner will have to help restore your energy flow. This will give them a full picture of what is going on with you and help them determine how they can help.
- Make sure that list contains any and all medications, herbs or other supplements that you take even if you get them over the counter. What we put in our bodies has a greta impact on our health. Some dugs can interact with supplements and cause dangerous interactions. Your practitioner needs to know everything you are putting into your body to be able to devise a treatment plan that will help you the most.
- Skip the coffee before and after your appointment. Just as certain drugs interact with each other, caffeine has a huge impact on the body. While you are abstaining from caffeine, you should make a point to avoid sugar and alcohol. All of these substances have chemical impacts on your body.
- Rest up! You should feel pretty good after an acupuncture treatment and have more energy. Many people want to go to the gym or do some exercise after a treatment but you should really take it easy for at least 12 hours after your appointment. Your body needs to adjust to the changes that were made during your treatment.
- Make this a part of your routine. Going in to get acupuncture treatments regularly will help you get the most out of each treatment. The frequency with which people go varies from person to person and you should talk to your provider about what works best for you and how much work is needed to restore your proper energy flow. If they give you other advice about lifestyle issues like diet and workouts, at least give their advice a chance.They may give you ideas for how to enhance your treatment at home. Their advice works so take it.